Samapathik Trust was founded on 11th September 2002 by Gay activist Bindumadhav Khire. For the past 13 years Samapathik Trust has worked on issues of advocacy and health of LGBTHI communities.
- To decrease HIV/AIDS and STI prevalence amongst Gays, Bisexuals, MSM and TGs.
- To increase awareness on HIV/AIDS, STIs and Sex Education amongst the general population
- To increase mental health well being of Gays, Bisexuals, MSMs, TGs and Intersex.
- To increase Gay, Bisexual, TG and Intersex participation in the mainstream.
- To increase collaboration with law and legal authorities with focus on down-reading of IPC 377 and other issues.
To provide legal, medical, and social empowerment services to the LGBTHI (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Hijara, Intersex) community through education, training, advocacy, and partnership with the greater Pune community.
To create an India in which LGBTHI communities live a life of dignity, free of stigma and discrimination.